Karnataka Aryavysya Mahasabha ®
Unity - Harmony – Prosperity
To all who entrusted the supremacy in us….
To all the philanthropists who helped us with contributions…
You confided great belief in us and gave us an opportunity to serve you….
1. KAVMS which was financially frail when we took our office is now highly firm in its monthly income. Approximately, every month it has an income of 9 lakhs and has a fixed deposit of Rs. 4.6 crores.
2. A land area of more than 1 acre in Bangalore, which has a market value of more than Rs. 20 crores is given to Mahasabha at just Rs. 36.5 lakhs by the Bangalore Development Authority (BDA). The committee is iron-willed to use this place in a very meaningful way and hence has planned to start “Vasavi Academy” and “Vasavi Student Hostels” which aims at providing facilities for students who want to pursue their higher/secondary education.
3. A philanthropist, Mr. Makam Nagaraju Shreshti, has given the land of 4 acres as a charity to KAVMS for the construction of an Old age home. The market value of this land is more than Rs. 8 crores and is located in the Hunsur City of Mysore district. Acknowledging his charity, KAVMS has started the construction at this site. The inauguration of this home of the olds is expected to be in the month of March, in the year 2014.
4. One of the most remarkable achievements in this term is all about Sri Vasavi Sankalpa Yatra and the Centenary Function of KAVMS. It is one of those ever green and unforgettable events that united all the Aryavysyas from and across the state, under one roof towards the same goal. It has carved itself a place in the hearts of the people to be the most amazing event with all splendor, vigor, décor and Vibrance. It is that kind of an event which can be said as “Was never in the past and never will be in the future (Nah Bhootho; Nah Bhavishyathi).”
5. In the aim of building a hostel and a guest house in the City of Mysore, we had requested the Mysore Development Authority to grant us the land required. In response to this, the Mysore Development Authority has almost sanctioned us the land of 33,000 sq. feet in the heart of the city.
6. We have also been highly competent in increasing the number of memberships to KAVMS; it is now more than 15000 memberships.
7. Vidyanidhi: A treasury is maintained in the view of helping the needy students. As per this, 300 students are helped by since one and an half year. Each student is helped with Rs. 9000 per year (monthly Rs. 790) towards his/her education.
8. Vasavi Chethana: the physically challenged of the Aryavysya community is helped with Rs. 1000 per month since a year. Under this scheme, 130 physically challenged individuals are helped every month.
9. The heavy downpour in the Raichur district had caused a lot of havoc to property and people. 142 families of our community were victimized under this and in response to the same; KAVMS has helped these victims with Rs. 25 lakhs. All these victims are now independent in earning their living.
10. KAVMS has always been in favor of those who are in need. It has helped many people in their health care and during various emergency situations. It has always been warm and kind to the needs of the community.
11. It has taken strict policies in maintaining the finance and expenditure of KAVMS thereby putting a full stop to unnecessary expenditure.
12. In the span of 4 years, KAVMS has the record of holding 5 general body meetings (ಸರ್ವ ಸದಸ್ಯರ ಸಭೆ) and 1 special general body meeting (ವಿಶೇಷ ಸರ್ವ ಸದಸ್ಯರ ಸಭೆ) for which the participants count has been increasing and is going beyond the count of thousands. Through these meetings, the members are given clear and transparent information personally by the Core committee thereby enabling them to have first hand information.
13. The Europe tour organized by Mahasabha has given a chance to save the lump sum of Rs. 3.5 lakhs.
14. 500 financially backward individuals and B.P.L card holders of our community were taken to Penugonda - the Birth place of Matha Sri Kannikaparameshwari, free of cost.
15. We are not only circulating the information through Vaarthapatra, but also circulating information through Hai Vedike during special events.
16. There have been a huge crowd of students of our community who have been highly successful in their academic career. To felicitate such students, Mahasabha has and has been arranging stage with décor and splendid. These successful students are honored in the presence of highly qualified individuals and many more community people. Thus, encouraging and promoting the importance of education.
17. One of the toughest processes is the measuring of population census and this was taken up as an initiative by the KAVMS to know the current composition of the Aryavysya Community the results of which are in progress.
18. With great pleasure and admiration, we have honored the people elected in village panchayat, corporation and municipality on a very opulence dias.
19. KAVMS, before 4 years, was financially so flimsy that it had problems even to meet its daily needs. Such an organization is now given a strong base that it is not only has the income but it is strong enough to pay its income taxes!!!
20. The other gem in the crown of KAVMS is the successful event of Aryavysya Raajakeeya Jaagruthi Samaavesha. It was an initiative of this organization to bring in the political awareness in the minds of the community people. The success of this event can be measured by the number of people who had attended it; more 10000 people had participated.
21. Education is an integral “need” for any individual. Considering this, KAVMS has encouraged students by giving free accommodation to 30 students in the aryavysya hostel. Even after Aryavysya hostel is demolished, the students are transferred to other hostels where the students enjoy the same facilities and benefits.
22. By establishing district and taluk level associations, we are encouraging the new participants towards the initiation of the 2nd term.
23. During the baila revision for the convenience of the GRT hotels and restaurants, KAVMS had missed out on income tax reduction. Now, this has been renewed under “Income tax holiday kalam80G”
24. We have also collected Rs. 23 lacs as the relief fund towards the restoration of Uttarkhand which was hit by the water disaster recently.
25. Through negotiations, we have got over the entire cases that were against KAVMS from the year 1992 because of which it enjoys the freedom from all the court and legal issues.
Projects before us…
1. The very important and first projects is to take up the land for development that had lied dead since 2 yrs. We aim at the speedy construction of this building with all the modern amenities, a student hostel, guest rooms and KAVMS office and other facilities that are highly useful for the society.
2. Offering free trips to the holy shrine – Penugonda, the birth place of Goddess Vasavi Maatha, for 500 families every year, who are struck by poverty.
3. To start an internationally graded guidance and training center for professional and competitive exams in Bangalore.
4. A scheme has been designed to provide daily food to rural older people who are in poverty. This is a scheme initiated by KAVMS along with the associations based in those respective villages.
5. To start branch offices at all the 4 zones of KAVMS.
6. To set up an Aryavysya hostels in the major educational cities of Karnataka.
7. “If educate a girl, you educate her family” said Jawaharlal Nehru. Noting the importance of female education, KAVMS have taken a big step to start an Aryavysya student girls hostel in Bangalore city.
8. To organize an Aryavysya lawyers, medical professionals and CA congregation.
9. To host Aryavysya food festival.
Our dearest gratitude-
To those who stood by our unity;
To those who co-operated to uphold harmony;
To those who joined our hands in the development of the prosperity.
A million thanks to the community mass, without whom we could have achieved nothing.