- 1991 – Vasavi Credit Cooperative Society commenced operations in January and ended the financial year with a profit of Rs. 1231.00. This was just the beginning and fledgling showing its primary colors.
- Having achieved a profit in the first year, the society has grown at a rapid pace and in the next five years, it was rubbing shoulder with the who’s who of cooperative societies.. Many of the long established societies sat up and took notice of vasavi Credit Cooperative society and its achievements.
- Unflinching support from members, able guidance from the board of directors and strategic planning by the administrative board saw the society grow positively throughout its lifetime.
- 1996- This year saw the society office move the sprawling kanyaka Parameshwari Temple premises on 8th Cross, Malleswaram, Bengaluru. With blessings from Shivakumara Swamiji and the support of all members, the society grew in leaps and bounds from this office with business growing from thousands to lakhs and lakhs to crores. The membership also grew to seem like the ocean.
- The initial investment is Rs.3.25 Lakhs and started with 525 customers and today VCCS bank is one of the top co-operative banks of Karnataka.
- Keeping in mind the requirements of the needy the operations started in Malleshwaram in January 1991 and is successfully functioning till date
- Keeping in mind the requirements of street vendors the bank was able to assist nearly 1387 street vendors in and around malleswaram just in the span of 8-10 years.
Vasavi credit co-operative society limited has won eight times the best co-operative society award.
The Society has also won the highest award, SAHAKARI RATNA AWARD.
With effective connectivity and revolutionary benefits to the society, Shri RP Ravi Shankar and Vasavi credit co-operative society limited became near and dear to all classes of society.